We are a sole proprietorship, with a staff of 5 to 7 employees.
We own our office, a new two story, 1400 sq. ft. building overlooking scenic Kachemak Bay and the Kenai Mountains in Homer, Alaska.
We always use state of the art surveying equipment; Geodetic total stations, Real time kinematic and static GPS (currently Topcon), and AutoDesk’s current versions of AutoCAD and Land Development Desktop (Civil 3D).
We have been surveying the Homer area since 1976. The principal land surveyor, Gary Nelson, began surveying with Ability Surveys in 1976 under the direction of the former proprietor, Jerry Anderson. Mr. Nelson purchased the company’s office, records and equipment in 1992 and has completed over 2100 surveys in Alaska since then.
Ability Surveys meets the community’s surveying needs by performing a wide variety of surveys for a very diverse clientele.
Communities we Serve
- Homer area
- Voznesenka area
- King Cove
- Nunam Iqua
- Seldovia area
- Nikolaevsk area
- Hooper Bay
- Mountain Village
- Anchor Point area
- Anchorage Municipality
- Port Heiden
Some of our Appreciated Customers
- Alaska Department of Natural Resources
- Alaska Division of Parks
- Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Federal Bureau of Indian Affairs
- National Park Service
- National Weather Service
- United States Coast Guard
- CE2 Engineers (Anchorage)
- CRW Engineering (Anchorage)
- Jacobs Engineering (Anchorage)
- William J. Nelson & Associates PE (Kenai)
- Homer Electric Association
- City of Homer
- City of Seldovia
- Lands End Development Corporation (Homer)
- Hundreds of Local Residents
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC)
- Alaska Village Safe Water
- Sleetmute Tribal Council
- Klawock City